Update Effective May 14, 2020
Dear Kroc Family & Friends,
We miss you! We eagerly anticipate being able to open our doors to you once again. We had hoped that we would be able to do so during Phase One of Virginia’s re-opening plan but unfortunately, fitness centers are still ordered to remain closed during phase one implementation.
We continue to make preparations in anticipation of a re-open date in the near future. At this point, we do not know exactly when that will be, but as soon as the State orders and guidelines allow us to, we will be ready and eager to welcome you back!
There will be more to come on the safety procedures and adjustments to operations as we get closer to a re-opening date.
As a reminder, please see the information below regarding your membership options while we remain closed.
Thank you for your bearing with us and supporting the work that we are doing to feed and serve the community, encourage your physical fitness journey, and more while we are closed. We can’t wait to be together as a Kroc community and family once again!
We ask that you consider continue supporting The Salvation Army Kroc Center as we employ our dedicated team members to continue doing the most good in Hampton Roads in conjunction with our community partners and local officials. If you would like to support The Salvation Army during this difficult time, no further action is necessary.
If you would like to place your payments on hold while we are closed we understand and ask that reply to this email, at NCVKrocMemberServices@uss.salvationarmy.org. Please include the full name of the Billing (Main) account holder and if you would like a hold for the full amount or a partial amount.
If your membership was set to expire during the closure, the membership will be extended for the same duration our center is closed
HEATLH & WELNESS
- “Workout of the Day” posts on Facebook have instructions to help people stay in-shape regardless of where they are in their fitness journey.
- “Live@11a” fitness classes Tuesday thru Thursday mornings at 11 a.m. Led by our Health & Wellness Manager, along with other staff, these workouts will definitely get you moving! Check out our Facebook page “Kroc Hampton Roads” to follow along.
ARTS & EDUCATION
- Our Arts & Education Team is offering a Homework Help Hotline for students grades 1-5.Monday-Wednesday 11a – 2p students and their parents can call us at 622.KROC (5762) x8and our team will help navigate your child’s schoolwork.
- We are offering on-line violin and cornet lessons to our HeartStrings & Valves students, helping ensure those students continue to grow.
- We are offering on-line private lessons for piano and brass instruments. See our website and Kroc sales to sign up!
KITCHEN & CATERING
- Our Kitchen & Catering, Events, and Ministry Teams have been working with the Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia, Norfolk Redevelopment & Housing, and others, to deliver meals and food to hundreds of senior citizens each weekday. We are currently delivering to 9 different senior housing facilities totaling approximately 850 meals a week as we serve some of the most vulnerable in our community.
- The Kroc Center has been hosting a drive-thru food pantry on Thursdays from 11a-1p. To date we’ve given out more than 2500 boxes. With shelf-stable items from The Food Bank of Southeastern Virginia individuals in our community can receive food items for the household. Government-issued photo-ID is all that is required. For more information on this program call 622.KROC (5762) x7.
- The Salvation Army has a Spiritual & Emotional Care Call Line that is open to anyone. If you are feeling lonely, confused, anxious, if you would like to have someone pray with you or if you just need to talk to someone, the team of dedicated, trained professionals is there for you. Emotional and Spiritual Care Hotline is available every day 9am-9am EDT at 844-458-HOPE(4673).
- If you would like to speak to a local member of our ministry staff or to request prayer, please call us at 757-622-5762 x64334.
- The Leadership & Management teams have been working diligently towards a re-opening plan and up-dated procedures and policies to ensure we are keeping our members and staff as safe as possible.
- Several of our staff have been hard at work, staying socially distant and doing much needed landscaping work and painting throughout the building.
- Our staff continues to work towards ensuring that The Kroc Center is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized, ready for your return.
For Individuals and families needing assistance we have several resources available at this time:
FOOD: For immediate food assistance the drive-thru Food Pantry is open Monday through Friday, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at 5525 Raby Road in Norfolk. All applicants must show ID to receive food. For more information please call 757-965-9012 and select option 2.
RENTAL & UTILITY ASSISTANCE: Our Social Services team is providing rental and utility assistance as funds are available. Program eligibility criteria and information on how to be digitally referred through the Regional Housing Crisis Hotline is available by calling 757-965-9012, select option 1 for Dominion EnergyShare and Virginia Natural Gas, select option 3 for Water Utility and select option 4 for Rental Assistance.
The Kroc Center